Monday, December 24, 2018

Why I No Longer Celebrate Christmas

I've always loved Christmas since a little girl. I loved everything about Christmas: lights, tree, decorations, music and most of all the gifts:) Christmas was a time of year that I always looked forward to, even as an adult. I love to give to others: my husband, children, friends, co-workers, etc. I was never really worried about myself, it was always the thought that mattered to me. I was baptized at eight years old, so the majority of my life has been in the church. I really began building a personal relationship with God in my 20's. From there he began to open up a whole new world for me. I loved God and his wonders. I loved how much he loved us to send his son for our sins, which we totally wasn't worthy of by the way. Therefore Christmas became even more important to me because it was a time to celebrate his birth. Nevertheless, Christmas had another side to it that wasn't so lovely. This time of year became very stressful because my money didn't add up with what my husband and I wanted to give my children. I would sometimes pay my bills late or charge up credit cards to give them the Christmas I felt they deserved. This also at times caused division between my husband and I because he wanted to spend wisely and me not so much:). I always wanted to give presents that people wanted because most are not like me believing its the thought that counts. In addition, children always have a list that they want accomplished by Dec 25. My thoughts would be "How will they feel if they don't get what they want?" "I want them to have a good Christmas."and so on.

I began to feel like Jesus wasn't the "reason for the season". He's not showcased on the commercials. The latest toy, high priced jewelry, expensive cars, etc. But where's Jesus who's supposed to be the reason for all of this. About three years ago God pulled me away from my church of about 15yrs or more. I loved my church and my church family. I cried, I didn't totally understand, but after much prayer my husband and I left. Now I know God did that so that he could pull me aside to teach me what I wouldn't have learned there and lead me to a greater calling. God has taught me so much since then, but so I don't bore you, that will come with future posts:)
Last year I began researching the origin of Christmas because I heard a prophet speak on the Christmas tree. This study went for hours. God taught me so much. I learned that the Christmas tree was from sun-god worship. They were not called Christmas trees at all. Jeremiah 10:2-5 speaks of the tree and decorations for idol worship. This was before Jesus ever came to the earth. They put the trees in their homes celebrating the winter solstice and fertility. The Christmas balls/ornaments represented the testicles of the sun god. The star on the tree represents the sun rays from the sun god. The 12 days of Christmas comes from the 12 days of Saturnalia where they had orgies, became drunk, and sacrificed humans and animals. This lasted for 12 days. I can never think of that song the same way again:(
I will go into more detail in my next blog of what everything tied to Christmas mean. Let's just say Jesus is not at the center of it.
This year will be my first year not celebrating Christmas in any type of way. This was hard for me because I have two grand babies. I even thought "Man God why you tell me this now, lol:)"but maybe it's because he doesn't want another generation thinking that this is a Holiday solely for Jesus. When God first revealed this to me, he said "Why do I have to always share with the world?"
I sobbed like a baby. I felt his heart and sadness of betraying him for the world. Now please don't take this as me bashing people for celebrating Christmas. This is not that. I'm just making you aware so that you can make a conscious decision on whether this is truly something you want to continue in. I couldn't, once my mind was renewed in this area, I couldn't turn back. I even tried, I asked others for advice when I knew the right answer. I told my husband well we're not going to do decorations but we can buy gifts. Immediately I felt uneasy and I couldn't rest until I washed my hands of it completely. Now I'm at peace. No tree, no decorations, no gifts and no celebrations. This doesn't mean you can't buy gifts for your loved ones or spend time with them. You can do this any time of the year. This also doesn't mean you can't celebrate Jesus. You can also do this anytime of year. As far as his birthday goes, research says he was born closer to the fall. It doesn't matter though. The Bible never required us to celebrate his birth. We celebrate his death because his sacrifice is what redeemed us from sin. This is the good news that even though we deserve the death penalty for our sin, Jesus took the penalty. He died in our place. Three days later, Jesus rose from death, proving that sin had been conquered.
God commanded the Israelites not to worship him as gentiles worshiped their gods. He called it an abomination. He commanded them not to even think about what those other people did in their worship services to their gods. He told them that people have sacrificed their sons and daughters to these deities. This was horrible. This is the old testament, let's go to the new.
God doesn't want us holding on to the traditions of men. We listen to everyone but God concerning his matters. I don't want you to listen to me. I beg you to read, then go to the source. HIM! If you're not convicted as I was then by all means continue. I just want to enlighten you so that you can go to the source and Inquire if he's pleased with this tradition that has his name tied to it. Be blessed my sisters, my brothers. Please comment, share and subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Did It Become Cool To Worship The Devil

 I've been noticing a rise in the "I'm with satan" culture. Many music artists are making videos dressed in satan garb. Ma...